When we talk about pumpkin we can only highlight a long list of benefits. If you want to lose weight, it should always be among your favorites in the shopping list. It is a super food by excellence, versatile and very low in calories. Prepare it in a thousand different ways and still never get tired of it: cakes, pancakes, creams, smoothies, etc.
It is a very easy and perfect recipe for a light dinner together with a steak of meat or fish.
- Half pumpkin
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 Carrot
- Pumpkin seeds
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Sea salt
- Smoked fresh cheese or yogurt (optional)
- Spicy paprika
- We will start by removing the peel and seeds from the pumpkin. Once cleaned, we cut it into squares.
- Peel and chop the carrot and the sweet potato.
- Peel and chop the onion and leek.
- In a pot we heat virgin olive oil and when it has reached the appropriate temperature we put the chopped onion and fry it until it starts to change color.
- Add the sweet potato, carrot and squash and stir well. Then, add the water and let cook on medium heat about 25 or 30 minutes.
- When the pumpkin is tender we pour all the ingredients in a food processor and liquefy well. In this step you can add the yogurt or the cream.
- We take the preparation to the pot again and we add the species. As a garnish nothing better than pumpkin seeds and a touch of spicy paprika.