Because a man can’t live on bread alone, another of my favorite breakfasts, cold or hot, is the oats. It is a versatile, satiating and low calorie food. You can prepare it in the evening to enjoy a quick breakfast rich in fiber and protein.
- 45 g oat flakes
- 1 tablespoon chia
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon honey or stevia
- A pinch of salt
- In a small pot we mixed oats, chia and milk with a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the oat flakes are soft.
- Wash and disinfect well the strawberries. Then cut them into small pieces.
- Turn off the heat and add honey or stevia and a dash of vanilla. We remove well and serve along with strawberries, blueberries and walnuts.
- Another form of preparation that we can use to gain time and take advantage of all the nutrients of oats is to combine oats, chia seeds and milk well in a bowl and leave it covered overnight in the refrigerator.